cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Roku Channel App won't install on Q90T TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brand new Q90T 65 inch TV. Trying to install "The Roku Channel" app and it just won't install. After I pushed the "Install" button, it worked for less than a minute and returned to the screen with the "Install" button still enabled and that was it. Tried multiple times to no avail. Anybody has any idea?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Roku Channel App won't install on Q90T TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion! I got it installed finally via what I consider a weird approach. I switched the TV input source to HDMI and then I was able install the Roku Channel. Just like what I had to do to check for system update on this TV.

However, the same approach didn't work for installing other apps and I think there are other bugs that caused it. I saw in the general thread on app installation that people had to

1. unplug the power to TV,

2. wait a few ten seconds,

3. reconnect power,

4. change input source to HDMI or non-internet source,

5. install app

Don't have time to try this now but hopefully this workaround will work .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Q90T and am able to download/install the Roku Channel App. Perhaps try again?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the suggestion! I got it installed finally via what I consider a weird approach. I switched the TV input source to HDMI and then I was able install the Roku Channel. Just like what I had to do to check for system update on this TV.

However, the same approach didn't work for installing other apps and I think there are other bugs that caused it. I saw in the general thread on app installation that people had to

1. unplug the power to TV,

2. wait a few ten seconds,

3. reconnect power,

4. change input source to HDMI or non-internet source,

5. install app

Don't have time to try this now but hopefully this workaround will work .

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirmed the unplug/replug power solution works. This is a bug in the TV OS version 1301. After installing the TV and connected to the internet,  I never reset the power and the TV's OS is always running even when the TV is off. Hence resetting the power probably reset the memory cache and it started to work as expected now.