cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Untapped hole in 2020 Frame TV

While trying to screw the mount on to the rear of my 2020 55" Frame TV we discovered that the two bottom holes were either not tapped or only partially tapped. Picture attached. Fortunately the installer had screws that we was able to fit into the holes (self-tapping I think) and secure the mount. However, the lack of quality control on such a expensive TV is stunning to me. I don't understand how the TV even left the factory floor in this condition. Tapping a hole is simple, what does this say about the rest of the components.

Frame untapped hole.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Untapped hole in 2020 Frame TV

Hey there!  I have a 2020 55" frame TV and had the exact problem.  I posted it here in a thread labeled something like "2020 frame feedback".

The no gap wall mount will not attach to the back of the tv with the included screws -- they're too long and/or the holes are not deep / punched like you are showing.  I had to go to home depot and by shorter screws.

Samsung ownership of any issue is non-existent.  I talked on the phone, was promised call backs, etc.,  They told me to post here, which is great to have other people like you - but it's not help from Samsung.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Good to know I am not alone with this problem?

I did not know where to go with this but I wasn't going to waste time with a phone call. Screw length was an issue and my installer (i.e. not me) ended up replacing all 4 screws. Of course, he was careful not to use ones too long, which would be very bad. Very disappointing.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having similar issues, but the screws I was sent (M4 x L14) were too short. I went to Lowes and bought M4 x L16 and they still too short. I cannot find M4 x L18, so I will have to try M4 x L20 and have some washers on hand in case they are too long, which is likely.

I have had really good luck with Samsung products in general, but this is pathetic! An expensive lifestyle TV and the first steps of assembly FAILED.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It was so frustrating... literally, like step 1.  I kept thinking, "I must be an ID10T...what am I doing wrong?". 

You will get no support from Samsung, and even though I called and reported it to the toll free number, who then directed me here... it totally did not make it to anyone who cares or anyone who can pass along to quality control in the manfucturing facility. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem with my 55" The Frame. How did you resolve it? Did you keep it, and if so, would you buy the TV again?

I spent hours on the phone and on these forums -- nobody seems to know or care.

I'm sure I can get around the untapped screw holes if I want to void the warranty, but I have read about many other problems as well.

Would appreciate any advice.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem with my 55" The Frame. How did you resolve it? Did you keep it, and if so, would you buy the TV again?

I spent hours on the phone and on these forums -- nobody seems to know or care.

I'm sure I can get around the untapped screw holes if I want to void the warranty, but I have read about many other problems as well.

Would appreciate any advice.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had an installer hang this TV and I believe he either used some self tapping screws or screws that were long enough to "bite" on whatever threads were present in the bottom of the hole. You have to be very careful about the length obviously but this guy knew his stuff.

I would not buy this TV again. It appears rife with quality issues. I think a non-frame TV of the same size but with the same specs would be a better choice and a lot cheaper (and I have had largely good experiences with other Samsung TVs but this is my first "smart" TV).