Original topic:

Active apps running in Bkgnd!

(Topic created: yesterday)
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Oh wow, lookie here what I just accidentally found - a small line at the top (better there than at the bottom) a line that is now showing us, finally, the apps that are running on the background!! We used to have this function which was always fantastic, but then it disappeared and now it's back! I would tip my hat to whomever thought to bring it back up, but I didn't have a hat! Lol lol, so I'll just say THANK YOU! 
Please, going forward, could you let us know you are updating rather important utilities like that so we know it's there and not by accident. You do provide an update list and I read them but this was not on the last update list of just like a week ago I apologize if it was there and I missed it which is possible because when it comes to security patch updates I skim thru them real fast. 

Best 

Joel
5 Replies
meself
Sun
Options
Some apps you want or they need to run in background i.e phone features etc others you may not
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Oh yes I know . This feature they just introduced again only tells you what's running and gives you the opportunity to dismiss them (shut down). That doesn't mean they won't run again, I don't think, but at least you can rid it at that moment. I think it's great and I'm pretty sure it's not important system stuff they're showing, just extraneous stuff . For example, I clicked on it and showed me a RADIO app I have never used was running! I thought, good to know and double smacked that one down like a mosquito! Lol don't need that sucking up battery and making my phone scorching hot, right? Not that it's probably using a lot'o power but who knows what others are doing same thing. That's why I missed knowing that for so long.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you for pointing that out though.
meself
Sun
Options
I got ya and agree
0 Likes
whocares2245
Constellation
Options
Yes thank you for making a slight change that was pretty obvious to everyone except apparently any phone company... no really everyone should start a petition to get Samsung knighted for doing the bare minimum.... hey their almost a half assed as our(U.S.) "health care system" good for us... we truly are the greatest nation long live God Trump
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
This is what I see. It's been there for a while. When the circled number is clicked, it tells me which apps are running in the background.1722140453418.jpg
0 Likes