JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR AI IN 2025???

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 04:24 AM)
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Just read this article in Android Authority not certain how true this is?

I myself didn't notice this however am now going to to see if I can find this information as the article is describing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, there! Thank you for this inquiry. Samsung has advised us that at this time, there are no plans to charge for these services. 

View solution in context

31 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
I've seen mentions of the subscription thing on a few other websites. According to the last two paragraphs of this article, things may change. The author of the article has asked Samsung for clarification.

https://www.androidcentral.com/phones/samsung-plans-to-charge-for-certain-galaxy-ai-features-after-t...
0 Likes
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, I am aware of that. However no response was received prior to publication.
I need to look again at the USA promotion & buying information as I di not notice it previously myself. At this juncture not certain what to believe?
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
And there are apparently plans to add the AI stuff to older phones like the S23 line eventually. The AI features are cool, but I'm not paying a subscription fee for it.
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Totally in agreement with you. I do believe in several sources I read that the update we just got had some AI in it which is probably the cause of so many weird things happening. My S23 ultra has changed since the poorly designed 6iu & android 14 was installed. A sign of you being correct that they will be offering AI via subscription to some older devices.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
My personal view is that they are taking a sit and wait approach by giving themselves this time period. They want to see how people react to it and if it's actually worth monetizing. Keep in mind that literally every major AI brand is charging or intends to charge for access.
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
A good possibility, however, my mate in Melbourne says she did see mention of it re after 2 years.. I do think they will eventually charge for it as they are no different from other companies looking to increase profits. Just think they should have been more open about it and not have hidden the details in tiny print. My mates in UK are saying the same re the charges after 2 years.
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, there! Thank you for this inquiry. Samsung has advised us that at this time, there are no plans to charge for these services. 

JohnsS24Ultra
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm concerned about having to pay for AI features in the S24 ultra in the near future specifically 2025 I hope this doesn't happen after buying a premium phone at a premium price I would hope these features would remain free I'm concerned about having to pay for AI features in the S24 ultra in the near future specifically 2025. I would hope these features would remain free.
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello I dont believe you will have to pay for the standard Ai but there probably will be a premium Ai that may have to pay for but that will be totally optional