JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can bixby routines send messages to friends for a date?

(Topic created: 02-23-2023 02:00 PM)
userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Bixby routines could be really clever and helpful for me when I have a meeting or date with friends or for work.

One of the things that I hate is when I go out and meet with somebody and I have to remember to text them that I'm on my way and text them my route.

Wouldn't it be great if Modes and Routines (Bixby Routines) could do that automatically as soon as you leave the home?

It would also be great if it could send a text to folks when I got home so that I don't forget to let people I just left know I got in safe.  I know routines can send out texts!

Then, what would be really powerful is if you added Samsung calendar app integration.

Then the user can enter the event in his/her calendar app, along with whom they were meeting with, the location, etc and if that person’s info is in the contact app, it could search the contact app and location the person’s name and phone number (listed as mobile) and send these texts automatically, without lifting a finger!

And it's important that the messages only happen at the date and time frame as indicated on the calendar.  The worse thing could be for friends to get messages each time I left and returned home.

Add google map/ location sharing to the mix and you have a powerful, useful routine.   Any thoughts on how to get this implemented?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.