Original topic:

Cant attach files using SMS

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
beyondfrustrated
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A14. Suddenly the paperclip icon is gone and I have all kinds of wonderful colorized icons so I can attach my location (no) private pics (no) videos etc.. but no way to find or attach files using sms. Used to work great.. then it updated even tho I kept telling it no.. it did it overnight

I want my phone like I had it. I do not want to play email games or such.. I just want to send a text.. and be able to go to my files folder and send a file using my messages app
Please put my phone back like you found it before I buy an iPhone
Or tell me how to get my previous message app back
13 Replies
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I would like to see a screenshot of this.
0 Likes
beyondfrustrated
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Lets see if Screenshot_20240427_231509_Messages_1000008327_1714277710.png
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
This what you get if you use Google Messages.

You can also send larger files!1714278415423_1714278415414_0.jpg
beyondfrustrated
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I could just use outlook.. its not the size of the files, its the conveniece of that old pgm, plus being on a 2gB shared plan.. it doesnt cut into my data usage.. "unlimited texts", right? But then, Im old enough to prefer a mule over an EV.. even if it were free. Tough to track and no way to have monthly "useage allotment" for a hay burner lol
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Google Messages can be sent over WiFi.
Don't blame age, I am probably older than you. I change with the times. I have been using Google Messages since the Beta launched with RCS capabilities

You don't have to t
beyondfrustrated
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
We used to have a person with an elaborate and expensive machine do our H cards until we came up with a larger macine everyone could use.
Yeah, I am -that- old..
0 Likes
beyondfrustrated
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Notice all the new icons? But nothing for "files" or "my files".
It used to.. you'd touch the + sign, see options for a camera, a paperclip icon.. but not now. It only offers media or Samsung Notes. So I moved my file (a pdf) into the samsung notes folder and it STILL refuses to find it.. just shos the media files in notes and not the text files
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I just checked mine and its missing also with no option to add it back so I would suggest switching to Google messages it still has the option to add file 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
What messaging app are you using?

Who is your provider?

If it is Samsung Messages, there is your problem!

Carriers and Google want you to use Google Messages.
They are moving away from SMS/MMS, especially since Iphones will now use Googles RCS.

RCS is the future you need to get on board with.
Google wants a unified messaging service across the globe, not just the US.