Original topic:

Clearing cache partition does not clear app cache

(Topic created: Friday)
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Just an FYI...

I did a test against clearing partition against the Red Soft Zero Cleaner, and sadly, the Samsung Clear Partition didn't clear anything from app cache. None notta. Red Soft analyzed all apps cache at 997 megs and I cleared partition with reboot and still had the same 997 cache. And just to double check that, I ran 1 Tap from AZ Soft - same analysis 1 gig in cache unchanged.

Best 
Joel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A wipe cache partition is not intended to clear cache in apps.
Wiping cache partition removes temporary files from a device and any leftover files from uninstalled apps. This ensures a smoother Ui throughout your device.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
A wipe cache partition is not intended to clear cache in apps.
Wiping cache partition removes temporary files from a device and any leftover files from uninstalled apps. This ensures a smoother Ui throughout your device.
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Thank you, Robin621k

When I asked for help to clear cache since that option was removed, for some crazy reason, from Samsung My Files. So it was suggested to use clear partition. I had been doing that for awhile until another suggestion came for an actual app to do that which works well. After seeing that it worked I decided to check the partition thing and noticed it didn't do anything. I'm very glad you agreed with that. Thank you
0 Likes