Original topic:

Contact went missing

(Topic created: Saturday)
Atul2112
Constellation
Options

My samsung contacts automatically got deletes and when I save them again they got deleted again. Please help what to do?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Timlwest
Cosmic Ray
Options
Have you gone to the Contacts menu on the left side to make sure All contacts or Samsung contacts is selected ?
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
Save them to sim card, I have done this and contacts are always available even if you switch the sim to a different compatible phone.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Saving them to sim is fine until the sim craps out and you can't recover the contacts, been there, I back mine up a few different ways but I use a esim
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
I have not had a sim go bad yet, must be carrier card are cheapo's. If you want, you can back up your contacts through Samsung Smart Switch to your pc and restore as needed, lol.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
I save them as a vcf file
0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
I have backed my Galaxy phone up as well to my pc.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
As for the OP, are you sure they are not being saved to Google?
0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
Sim card a option but I think there's a option to save to Google account
0 Likes
STRANGLEFIZZ
Galaxy
Options
If I give you my honest recommendation, you should store your contacts to your Google account as they will always be there. And when you feel the need that it's time to upgrade to another phone you will have an easier way to restore them. That's where I save all my contacts directly to my Google account and it's the best option and recommendation. I can give you save them directly to your Google account and they won't get lost or delete it.
0 Likes