JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Exclude folders from the Gallery app

(Topic created: 04-02-2019 11:29 AM)
userXEnmsVP7vn
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

For some reason Gallery application suppose that any graphical file on the phone is a photo which I want to see but I have a lot of folders with music albums each of them has at least one cover image which immediately gets to my Gallery application which is really ennoying especially when you want to share your photo in whatsup and it opens the main section of the Gallery application without normal way to switch to the camera cection. So is there any normal way to set the folder which should be scanned?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
17 Replies
Brainwise
Astronaut
Options

My Galaxy S9 recently  updated to Android 10 and the Samsung Gallery started showing all the album art. Tried this .nomedia solution and rebooted twice, but the album art folders still appear in the Gallery. 😕 

0 Likes
userkgoyO0q0dB
Astronaut
Options

This is NOT a solution as the .nomedia stop the music showing up in Various App Music App!!!!!!!

0 Likes
userlURXAEtoDk
Astronaut
Options

This only partly works as now Music apps like Shuttle see that same file and exclude all the music in the same app as well. As far a criticism for Android, Google Photos doesn't have this problem, only Samsung's Gallery App. Gallery App needs an option to exclude certain folders or exclude album art.

0 Likes
userkgoyO0q0dB
Astronaut
Options

We need a proper solution to this that does not stop the Music showing up in other Apps!!!!!!

0 Likes
userBm8WM21Qwx
Constellation
Options

Samsung Gallery version 5.4.13.2 supports hiding photo albums out-of-the-box.

To hide an album, open the Gallery, go to Albums, click the three-dots menu and select the Hide or Show Album menu item. In selection mode, choose the album(s) you want to hide and click Apply.

Follow the same steps to make an album show up in the gallery again.

0 Likes
userlURXAEtoDk
Astronaut
Options

While a brilliant solution, it doesn't work realistically when there are thousands of albums on a 512GB memory card. There is no easy way to select all albums, you must do this one at a time.

userlURXAEtoDk
Astronaut
Options

What Gallery needs is a way to select a Folder for exclusion, that would make it far easier to exclude the entire Music folder from Samsung Gallery.

userLAjiwFo1w1
Constellation
Options

Samsung: OMG just add menu option for include OR exclude folders as any other decent gallery app has.