Original topic:

Facebook suit for selling data

(Topic created: 05-10-2024 03:28 PM)
420bunny
Nebula
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Heard a rumor maybe FB or someone was recently sued & judge favored in the consumer regarding the tracking specifically of their location data without their permission as well as selling that private info to a 3rd unknown party most likely for adv purposes I'm guessing here. 

Curious, ain't that exactly what u all have been doing when I let u all know by asking why it was tracking my location & that I can't disable it becuz its completely grayed out as it is doing so by way of that annoying tool & it's subsequent apps i.e., Bixby this & Bixby that....it's everywhere on Galaxy & none of which can even be controlled by the end user no less in any of them that actually matter on our devices, right?! Or did I read that wrong which is entirely possible here as well I'm not gonna pretend it ain't but I believe, in this case anyway, i might be correct...can sum1 confirm this?

3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hey 420bunny, thanks for being a part of our community and reaching out. We can certainly understand the concern for privacy and Samsung takes consumer privacy very seriously. Here is a link to the Privacy policy if needed: https://www.samsung.com/us/privacy/rights/

In regard to your ability to personalize your Bixby experience or Remove Bixby from the device altogether; More information can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076739/

totcavinder
Cosmic Ray
Options
It is possible to completely remove Facebook by utilizing Google Play. However, Bixby and other commonly referred to as "bloatware" applications on Samsung devices are not considered bloatware. They are system files that are displayed as applications within the Galaxy Store. Nevertheless, Bixby could be deemed as bloatware since it is an unwanted application that comes preinstalled. There are certain methods to circumvent this issue, but they can be hazardous and potentially damage your device.
0 Likes
3Fees
Comet
Options
Thanks for the update. Many companies are getting nailed by the FCC and fined for selling personal information. I opt out of disclosures to 3rd parties every time it's available.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes