JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Store now forcing password authentication for purchases

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 03:59 AM)
Slytherclawgirl
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I never really used the Galaxy Store for paid apps, but liked having the option to choose not use my password for purchases should I want to. However since it updated to version 4.5.56.6, I can no longer turn off the "require password/biometrics to buy" option in Galaxy Store settings like I used to. I tap on it and nothing happens and the switch stays on. Is this a bug or is this an intentional change by Samsung? If it is on purpose, then I'll definitely be NOT buying anything from the Galaxy Store EVER since I it would be annoying to have to enter your password all the time. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Slytherclawgirl
Cosmic Ray
Options

The store updated to version 4.5.60.3 and now I can turn off the password requirement on my tablet. Guess there was a bug starting in version 4.5.56.6 of the store that affected older tablets that didn't support Galaxy Themes. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
In settings you can still turn it off it should prompt you to enter your password to disable itScreenshot_20230703_120109_Galaxy Store.jpg
0 Likes
Slytherclawgirl
Cosmic Ray
Options

I've already tried that. The switch just goes right back to on as soon as I try to turn it off. It's the same with all of my devices.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the Galaxy store requiring password authentication before making purchases and being unable to turn this setting off. I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to better assist you, can you please advised what type of device you are experiencing this symptom on?

Are you using Samsung pay when making the purchases? If you are using Samsung Pay for security purposes, it will require a method of authentication?

I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the Galaxy store app. Go to settings > apps > Galaxy store > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache.

Please keep us posted on how the troubleshooting works and with the requested information.

0 Likes
Slytherclawgirl
Cosmic Ray
Options
  • I have tried force stopping, clearing the cache as well as the data on my devices SM-T580 and SM-J337V. That did not work. 
  • I do not use Samsung Pay. In fact I usually don't buy paid apps in the Galaxy Store, but I do like having the choice to have the password requirement turned off just in case. 
0 Likes
Slytherclawgirl
Cosmic Ray
Options

I managed to turn the password required off on my phone (SM-J337v) through the Themes app settings. But I still can't do that on my tablet (SM-T580) since it did not come with the Themes app. 

Solution
Slytherclawgirl
Cosmic Ray
Options

The store updated to version 4.5.60.3 and now I can turn off the password requirement on my tablet. Guess there was a bug starting in version 4.5.56.6 of the store that affected older tablets that didn't support Galaxy Themes. 

0 Likes