Original topic:

Gallery Search not bringing up results

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
usergve5gNCbYX
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

The search function on Gallery has stopped bringing up results. Previously it was capable of searching text, colors, features, etc. Now if I type in "green" for example, I get a handful of results instead of the 100's it should bring up. If I type an exact text quote it will usually bring up nothing. Don't see any obvious settings and haven't made any changes. 

7 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Working here. Try resetting it by holding Power and Vol Down until it reboots
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
usergve5gNCbYX
Asteroid
Options
Have rebooted many times since it started. No change.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

What I suggested was not a reboot but a reset.  I would also clear the Gallery app cache and because it's easy to do, delete the system cache and Repair Apps.  Instructions follow. 

Turn off the device 

* Connect to a computer via USB

Press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously till the device logo appears

When it logo appears, release Power button but hold the others few more seconds

Release all the buttons when Recovery Mode screen appears

You can use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to scroll up or down, and the Power button to select

Using the Vol Down rocker, select Wipe Cache Partition

Press the Power button to select 

Use the Vol Down button to select Repair Apps

Use the power button to select

Use the Vol Down button to select Restart

Use the power button to select

* Some devices need to be connected to a computer in order to enter the Recovery Mode.          

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Hello,

Have you checked if you have a pending update on your Gallery app?
0 Likes
usergve5gNCbYX
Asteroid
Options
Using the latest version 15.0.01.1. For context, the issue started a month or maybe two ago. It was a night and day difference. It has slowly improved since, but it's still not bringing up a ton of stuff. I haven't found any obvious settings that would impact it, and internet searching has only gotten irrelevant results. I appreciate the help here!
Catbedo
Astronaut
Options
I've had this issue since I got my S24, I have a ton of pictures saved and I've got a lot of them tagged for easy finding but I've noticed that, when searching for the tags, only some of the tagged images show up, nowhere near all of them. Does anyone know what's going on or if there's any way to fix this?
pavilon
Astronaut
Options
I was having the same problem on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, the solution was that Samsung Core Service was turned off. I do not know how it got turned off, it may have been shut off when installing another app.

To fix the problem, go to Settings.

Using Search in settings, search for "special access"

Click on special access

Then Click on "All files access"

Scroll down to "Samsung Core Services"

Turn the switch to the on position. 

Exit

THEN REBOOT THE PHONE!

A few minutes after the reboot, the gallery search function was working!

0 Likes