Original topic:

Goodbye Samsung Messages!

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Starting with the release of the Fold 6 series, Samsung Messages will no longer be pre-installed on future Samsung devices. Google Messages will be the only messaging app on phones in the US. Google is pushing this especially with the implementation of RCS compatibility on Iphones come September. RCS will only work from Google Messages to IMessage. Google owns Android, their platform, their rules. 

Samsung Messages will still be available for download in the Galaxy Store, stripped of any real meaningful features.

Not only will Google Messages be the sole messaging app, RSC will be turned on by default. If you wish to have RCS chat features it will ONLY be available in Google's product.

I will bet that when the next update rolls out, all those that still have enhanced features in the Samsung Messages it will be gone. Samsung Messages will now only be SMS/MMS.

This is the future going forward with messaging in the US, you either jump on board with Google Messages or you can stay with Samsung Messages with no enhanced features.

8 Replies
Laybal
Asteroid
Options
Good! Google messages way better anyways.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
I always liked that you could expand the messages panel to take up the entire screen on Samsung Messages. Hopefully, they have incorporated that into Google Messages since the last time I used it.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
They have, just push up to get rid of the top area
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
I switched back to Google Messages and deleted Samsung Messages
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
There is nothing left in Samsung Messages that makes it compelling anymore.

There are a couple of things I want added to Google Messages, categories, and selective text copy and paste. I hate not being able to just copy a number or address!

Theming a message app is not a thing with me, I could care less what it looks like.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
I used Samsung because you could add/edit quick responses on the watch, but figured it was time to move on
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
I don't care about theming either and I am learning to just talk to my watch instead of using quick responses, only issue I have with Google is when I reply to a text, it puts what I send in my notifications on the watch, I have to clear it from there
0 Likes
Options
Now that i recall my s24 didn't come with samsung messages
0 Likes