JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I check if my system is compromised by some 3rd party app?

(Topic created: 02-09-2024 02:11 PM)
askingquestion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi! Sorry if this post seems paranoid, it probably is but I still came here to hopefully get an answer to some questions. Take in mind that I'm a newbie to security so I need guidance. 

A while ago I gave some third party app downloaded from Google Play Store Accessibility permissions, they had complete access to my phone, they could see and control my screen.

1000022826.jpg

It took some time for me to actually process the mistake I made, when I took notice I uninstalled the app and did a factory reset to my phone.

I did some digging in User Certificates and there isn't a trace of that app but I'm still kinda paranoid that they see what I do. I scanned the device with an antivirus and apparently there is no malware. I looked at some things (very surface level, Settings app surface level) to see if they had somehow rooted my system but, apparently, there is nothing either.

1000022809.jpg

1000022813.jpg

1000022814.jpg

Is there any way this application could have gotten under the radar of antivirus, Knox and so on? Can it still be present in my system and spying on me? Is there any way to check it?

The only thing I have left of the phone before the factory reset are photos saved on my SD card. 

I sense that the possibility of these paranoias happening is not very high but I still choose to ask since I don't trust my technology skills very much. Thank you for your time if you made it here!

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Welcome
BillyCircles
Astronaut
Options