JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I turn off the sync notes notification?

(Topic created: 06-15-2023 04:19 PM)
useriqhakj8db3
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Solution found: make sure the Samsung Notes app has the "Phone" permission

A similar topic was posted before.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-can-I-turn-off-the-sync-notes-noti...

It's marked as solved, but it isn't solved. The given solution was to turn on syncing, but the original poster didn't want their notes to be synced. And neither do I.

The notification below comes up every time I start the Samsung Notes app:

Screenshot_20230615_184950[1].jpg

I've tried turning off sync, and individually disabling all backups, and explicitly denying the permission to sync in settings. Signing out of my Samsung account altogether has worked in getting rid of the notification, but this solution affects other aspects of the device.

Given the persistence of this annoying notification, I think there's a question that's worth asking, and that I'd like a Samsung employee to answer if possible: Is the Samsung Notes app designed to keep the notification present until the user relents and allows Samsung to collect their notes?  If not, then how can this be turned off?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useriqhakj8db3
Asteroid
Options

I think I found the solution. You have to go to the permissions for Samsung Notes and make sure the "Phone" permission is enabled. I don't know why a note app asks for this permission, let alone why it's necessary in order to get rid of the banner. I hope someone finds this helpful.

View solution in context

8 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Hold down the app then press litle I now disable notifications here 😊Screenshot_20230615_171548_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
useriqhakj8db3
Asteroid
Options

It's not the push kind of notification. It's just a banner that appears in the app every time you open it.

Also, I tried your suggestion just to see if it would work. It turns out, you can't turn off push notifications for Samsung Notes (Galaxy S10e). They put in effort to make the app less user-friendly. It makes me wonder what their motivation was. This is starting to get really icky.

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
So in the same menu under settings shut off all sync so you won't get the reminder. Also if you don't use the app you can disable it.Screenshot_20230615_183315_Samsung Notes.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Having similar issues
0 Likes
useriqhakj8db3
Asteroid
Options

I think I found the solution. Check out my accepted reply.

0 Likes
Options
I'll give it a shot thanks
0 Likes
Solution
useriqhakj8db3
Asteroid
Options

I think I found the solution. You have to go to the permissions for Samsung Notes and make sure the "Phone" permission is enabled. I don't know why a note app asks for this permission, let alone why it's necessary in order to get rid of the banner. I hope someone finds this helpful.

Sista7
Astronaut
Options
How to set day display in calendar icon to correct day that's on the calendar.
0 Likes