Original topic:

How to turn off auto workout detection in Samsung Health on phone?

(Topic created: a month ago)
Bobslee
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a non-Samsung Android phone with Samsung Health installed, as well as a Galaxy Watch 4. I noticed that when I'm not wearing my watch, the app on my phone auto-detects walking and cycling and saves them as 'workouts'. How can I disable this? These short activities are messing up my other fitness apps like Strava that are synced with Samsung Health.

I have disabled the "auto-workout detection" setting on my watch's Samsung Health app, but I can't find the setting on my phone. The "hide auto recorded data" setting on my phone just hides the activities, but they are still synced to all other apps.

0 Likes
1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
You would have to check the settings for your non Samsung phone but, from what I can see on my Samsung phone, you would have to turn auto detect workouts off on the watch, or it stays active on the phone so it can sync later when connected. It's prevented from being turned off on the phone if it's turned active on the watch. In other words, the watch controls that setting. If there was no watch involved, the setting can be turned on or off on the phone, as people who don't have a watch may still want to detect their workous and have their steps counted.
0 Likes