Original topic:

Microphone option in settings to choose "default microphone" on a Bluetooth headset

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
user53pKKsED1z
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

When I buy a Bluetooth headset And I don't like it in calls because it has bad quality I cannot change the default microphone So we have to have an option or setting to choose the default microphone just like on computer

21 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
When you get or make a call, you can just turn BT off for the duration of your call. For incoming, you can disable BT before answering the call. Re-enable it when you are done.
0 Likes
Christ0pher
Asteroid
Options
That is not what he asked. He's asking why he cannot selectively use the speakers of the Bluetooth headset but not use the microphone as in he wants to use the phone microphone but still use the audio output from the headset.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Oh, in that case just press the speaker icon on the dial pad when you dial or answer, that will disengage the BT for that call, while keeping the headset comnected.
0 Likes
user53pKKsED1z
Cosmic Ray
Options

I want to use chat GPT or Google Assistant while my phone is in my pocket and I'm wearing my earbuds

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
You can go to the settings and slide off the "for calls" option once connected.
Either way you have to take your phone out of your pocket to answer or make a call.1726920656295.jpg1726920674994.jpg
0 Likes
user53pKKsED1z
Cosmic Ray
Options

We need those options on both the speaker and the microphone of the earbuds now it is just for the speaker

I will give you an example Google Assistant volume is media volume how can you force the phone to use the microphone of the earbuds while talking to Google Assistant 

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
I was under the impression that "audio" meant all audio, such as talk to text, which I have no problem using with my headset or earbuds. I don't use the assistants, but I don't know why it would be any different, even if the volume is controlled by a different slider
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Why not just buy a headset or earbuds with better sound quality for calls? I never had a headset/earbuds with such bad sound quality that it was unusable for calls and I buy bargain basement stuff (which is most times better than rhe expensive stuff)
0 Likes
user53pKKsED1z
Cosmic Ray
Options

I mean the microphone because I want to use chat GPT and Google Assistant while my phone is in my pocket

0 Likes