JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Modes and Routines: Allow Routines to Change Modes

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 08:13 AM)
loudkid
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I was super excited for the new feature in One UI 5.0 of "Modes" being added to Bixby Routines. In the past, I had managed my phone's Do Not Disturb state with a couple of scheduled routines that ran once a day. However, after my phone got the update, I was really sad to see that there's no way to set up a Bixby Routine that will modify the mode of your phone, only the other way around!

For me, this is frustrating because there are times where I want a routine to change what Mode I'm in. This is necessary in a couple different cases:

• I have an on-call rotation at my job, so I want to be able to turn off switching in/out of "Sleep" mode for a week at a time.
  • It would be handy to automatically switch from "Sleep" mode into a "Standard/Daytime" mode, which could allow my routines to trigger when I wake up.
  • I have certain apps where I have a routine that will change my phone from "Vibrate" into "Sound" mode if I receive a notification from them. It'd be handy to trigger modes based on when notifications arrive on my phone!

Curious if anyone else is wishing for this feature. I love the idea of modes since I was already doing something similar with bixby routines, but I hope that the developers continue to bring more features since right now it's pretty bare-bones!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mantequillas
Galaxy
Options
I love this idea and feel that it would be a great step in the growth of Modes/Routines. However I don't think Samsung will have anything this granular for a while. I stopped using Modes/Routines after they caused my phone to malfunction and Samsung has done nothing to fix the problem. Who knows tho, maybe this means that this feature will get an update soon.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes