Original topic:

My Files: move to Favorite folder

(Topic created: Monday)
Brend9
Constellation
Options

Hi all,

Since the latest software update, I'm unable to move files to my Favorite folders. Before, in My Files, if I selected a file and clicked Move, I could select a folder in the left hand panel of the app, which included the Favorite (starred) folders. Now, since the update, if I select a file and click Move, I get a pop-up to select a folder. This pop-up includes Internal storage, OneDrive, Google Drive and Network storage. However, Favorite folders seem not to be there. Going back closes the pop-up and undoes the Move action.

The problem is I have a Favorite folder in OneDrive nested 20 folders down. I am still able to move my files there, but now it takes 20 clicks each time. That's why I create the Favorite folder in the first place.

Anyone who can assist? It's a Fold6 phone.

Thanks!

2 Replies
LSVA
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Yep, they really messed files up. Completely blew it up! This is an unbelievable colossal mistake, and a giant leap backwards! I have invested a lot of time and money in the Samsung's echo system and this one change has me questioning their commitment to it. This feels like it worked to well the way it was and made the need for a PC less relevant, so that cuts it out.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

OK, so if you have a Favorite folder, why is it buried multi-levels deep? Which is not to discount your indignation at the change in movement structure. Just saying, if I had a folder I wanted to keep my favorite stuff in, it would be a top-level folder.

0 Likes