JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Reminders in Hawaii Standard Time activating @ Pacific S.T.

(Topic created: 08-29-2023 03:25 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

How do you adjust your reminders to occur at the time you set them for and not the local time they were set in?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rayzer
Comet
Options
The best solution I've found is to create reminders in Microsoft Outlook. It enables creation of recurring timers based on Greenwich Mean Time which will adjust for whatever time zone your in and also account for daylight saving time. SmartSelect_20230901_141126_Outlook_1000004746_1693602687.png

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Is there a way to use G.M.T.?
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
I have no trouble at all and I live on Oahu. Unless you live on the Aleutian DST should be turned off as Hawaii doesn't follow DST.
Rayzer
Comet
Options
I'm usually on the 9th island, Las Vegas, and my reminders are going off in PST regardless of where I'm physically at. So, when I'm in Kona, HI. my noon reminder is going off at 9 am. I want my 12pm reminder to go off at 12pm, not 9am. That's why I ask, can we set alarms based on GMT (+8 or +11)?
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
I see what you saying. My bad. I don't use reminders. Just the calendar and I set times in there.
0 Likes
Solution
Rayzer
Comet
Options
The best solution I've found is to create reminders in Microsoft Outlook. It enables creation of recurring timers based on Greenwich Mean Time which will adjust for whatever time zone your in and also account for daylight saving time. SmartSelect_20230901_141126_Outlook_1000004746_1693602687.png
0 Likes