JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Request: 1st party Samsung scale for Samsung Health

(Topic created: 09-14-2023 09:59 AM)
jdrch
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Can Samsung please release a Samsung scale that works with Samsung Health out of the box? The compatible scales listed in the Samsung Health app tend to either be unavailable, made by crappy/unkown brands, poorly rated at retailers, or have poorly rated apps in the Google Play Store here in the US.

Right now I'm using an Omron scale every morning and then manually entering my weight into my Galaxy Watch 6 Classic before taking my body composition. This is extremely inefficient.

I'd prefer a scale that does both body weight and composition in a single step. Its body composition accuracy should at least be equivalent to that of the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic.

Ideally the price should be under 100 USD, but I'd pay up to 200 USD for it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

5 Replies
betancd
Sun
Options
I'm using a Withings scale at the moment. Withing can import data to Samsung Health
0 Likes
jdrch
Halo
Options

@betancdWhat data are you syncing between Withings and Samsung Health, and how do you do it? Asking because Withings' own documentation doesn't even mention Samsung Health and Reddit has multiple threads of people having trouble syncing the 2.

If Samsung truly care about Samsung Health end-to-end UX they need to release a 1st party scale that connects directly to Samsung Health with no intermediary.

betancd
Sun
Options
That's weird they don't mention it. I attached two screen shots from the Withings app to show what it integrates to Samsung Health. Screenshot_20230914_140328_Withings.jpgScreenshot_20230914_140333_Withings.jpg
jdrch
Halo
Options

Thanks for the details. So it seems Withings syncs weight only and not body composition, which means getting a Withings scale wouldn't result in quite the time savings I'm looking for. I could use the Withings app for body composition, but I'm already at 2 apps for fitness (Samsung Health + MyFitnessPal because Samsung Health's food tracking is severely lacking in features) and really don't want to add a 3rd.

Which brings me back to my original request for a Samsung scale that measures body weight and composition and syncs it to Samsung Health in a single step.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.