Original topic:

Routine checks if another Routine is running before running

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 07:15 PM)
TDAdvocate
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Is there any way for a Routine in the "If" section to check if another Routine is currently running? I'd like to make it so that my driving Routine only locks rotation if certain apps are open. Full example below. Would be really nice for creating much more powerful routines. Thanks for any help in advance!

Driving Routine: checks if connected to Bluetooth device and then disables WiFi and s-pen then reverts upon disconnect.

Maps Routine: checks if device is in unfolded state and if the Maps app is open then disables rotation. 

I'd like to make it so my Maps Routine could just check if the Driving Routine is currently running so that I can disable the rotation only in that app (and maybe one or two others). Or even just have an additional If Statement within the Driving Routine to only run a Then Statement when certain apps are open. Either way would be nice since it seems like the Routines app itself is very underpowered overall which is unfortunate. 
5 Replies
AndyGibo
Asteroid
Options

Since Samsung took away alot of Taskers ability, I haven't found a way to do this within Rooting or within  Routines... 

TDAdvocate
Asteroid
Options
Really wish Samsuck would listen to customers. Always seems like they just do whatever they want without actually looking into the things that matter to people. But then again, that's most companies nowadays unfortunately.
0 Likes
AndyGibo
Asteroid
Options

So I've just been having a play around and there might me a work around...

So for me I want Bluetooth left on if it's connected to atleast one of two devices...

So I create a "mode" if Bluetooth NOT connected to device 1, and Bluetooth NOT connected to device 2 (end of mode) set to run automatically, and then within the routine I create a rule based on the mode being active or not.... 

Hope that helps. 

TDAdvocate
Asteroid
Options
That's a brilliant idea! I will have to look into trying this and see what I can improve upon with my routines. Thank you very much for the suggestion!
0 Likes
AndyGibo
Asteroid
Options

Let me know how you get on, or if I can help in anyway 😉 sound like you should be able to do what you need.

Screen rotation is simple to do on "selected apps" as is the Bluetooth if/not connected, just might need to tweak and setup multiple rules. 

0 Likes