Original topic:

SCREENSHOT and VIEWING immediately after

(Topic created: 07-29-2024 09:58 PM)
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
After taking a screenshot I wanted to view it right away, but now I'm being shown a pop-up screen with choices of how I want to open and view it. I think I get why Samsung decided to change to this. Maybe it's because, for whatever reason, we may not want to view the screenshot in Gallery and so why not offer a slew of choices, right? I know the number of choices varies depending on what apps we have, but still it's an additional step we are forced to take.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think once Gallery is open can't we select then with various ways of where and what we'd like to do with the screenshot if it's more than just viewing? 

Why are we forced to take ANOTHER step to just VIEW a screenshot even for just a quick moment to likely check it's quality, right? Plus I would think updates and changes were also to eliminate steps we take, to make stuff easier. Am I wrong to think this change is cumbersome and kind of (a bit looney - shhhh,I didn't say that). Lol. What u think?

And yeah, I now I have way too many apps and icons, but that's besides the point. Lol
6 Replies
Red Giant
Options
Really? You're complaining about "an additional step" to view a screenshot right? How many screenshots do you take? Maybe "an additional step" is necessary because in the bigger picture it is part of an upgrade to many other processes where fluidity and the user experience has been improved and streamlined? Just a thought...
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
You really believe that? You really think that all the updates Samsung has done here is to improve fluidity? I'll give you that some have, but for me, this is a case where the pitfalls for outweigh the benefits. If all these IT app people FINE-TUNED the hard work THEN we'd have something. Especially with EVERYONE sending in suggestions about stuff that works and doesn't work. I dunno.

You wouldn't be an IT person by chance and I insulted you?!

Ps. Don't take me too seriously, please. I'm speaking tongue & cheese (meant to swipe cheek and instead it came out cheese :cheese_wedge: - I kept because it sounded funny to me)

Plus I'm finding so many more little really stupid stuff as I go along. And yes I use my phone every day doing lots of things on it, and when I all of a sudden do something I've done for so long (and there's lots of them) and find a recent update fIU on me... Yes it is disturbing no matter how insignificant anyone thinks it is. It totally disrupts my flow! I've spotted like 3 issues today I want to write about and I'm always second guessing myself of whether or not I want to take the enormous amount to time to write it out and also expose myself to criticism for it. Not out of fear so much as feeling let down that others don't see like I do and then have it get dismissed. I don't know, I'm just passionate about covering as many bases as possible, if not all of them.

I'll tell ya one thing, this now tiny little window they give us to type in and show 3 lines at a time is so stupid that it's like ridiculous to try to go back thru this note I'm writing and scan it for mistakes or even if I want to send it! Know what I'm sayin? 😊

I'm going to let it fly because, why not! I may regret it because I don't want to upset anyone by anything I say.

Even minimizing the keyboard the window to type in doesn't expand! Dumb . I feel fairly comfortable that it's not just my phone that shows 3 lines it has to be everyone here.

Please 270, I'm more than half joking around. We cool?!? 😎
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
If you select Gallery and Always you won't see that dialog again until you factory reset your phone.
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Seriously? You actually have to factory reset to see the default choices again? That's insane, now I'm NEVER gonna select ALWAYS. 😆 That's exactly why I've "always" hesitated with always for now founded fear of never being able to something different. Oh boy. Thank you for letting me know this because if I ever hit always and that had happened to me - that's definitely a deal breaker and I'm going to suck up my pride and go IOS (Oh please, no) 😭
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
There is literally a gigantic "always" button right there that will solve your complaint.
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Yes, I know but the thing of is, I don't then want to be locked down to just that function. Honestly, I've always hesitated on that option and never chose it for that reason. The funny thing of is is that I almost always use only one choice but when that time comes when I want a different one, I don't want to have to go hunting around for it. 🧐😁

I wicked appreciate your response, Tipsy T. (Gotta love a handle like that, right 👍).

Thanks, bro
0 Likes