Original topic:

Samsung Internet bookmark sync cannot sync folder movements

(Topic created: Friday)
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options

I have several folders at the top level of my Samsung Internet bookmarks (i.e. directly under "Bookmarks"). At some point in the past, I mistakenly created a new folder beneath one of my existing top-level folders, when my intent had been to create another top-level folder.  Realizing my mistake, I moved that sub-folder to the top level (i.e. directly under "Bookmarks"). At the time I believe that on on both my Samsung phones I had the "Sync with Samsung Cloud" option turned on. My expectation was that on both phones my bookmarks would reflect my latest bookmark change, which is to say that I expected my sub-folder to become a top folder on both phones. Strangely the opposite happened: even on the phone where I had moved my subfolder to the top level, that folder reverted to being a sub-folder, back in the position where I had mistakenly created it.  Since then I've tried moving this sub-folder back to the top level on both phones, both with "Sync" turned on and off. No matter what I do, when I turn "Sync" back on, the folder moves back to its initially created position. I can keep my folder at its top position only by keeping "Sync" off on both phones and manually moving the folder on both phones. It seems to me that there is a bug in the algorithm that syncs folder positions.

6 Replies
Bpridgenallday
Constellation
Options
Gotta see, too.
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Oh wow, let me check if this is the case on my phones. Which devices are you using and are they on both different UI?
0 Likes
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options

My two Samsung phones are the A54 and the A03s, both purchased in October 2023. They do not update at the same times, so I presume that the operating systems are not identical. Version numbers are:

• OS
    • A54
      • One UI: 6.1
      • Android: A546USQS7CXF3
    • A03s
      • One UI: 5.1
      • Android: A037UOYN7DXE1
  • Samsung Internet
    • A54: 26.0.0.52
    • A03s: 25.0.1.3

0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Not sure if it's a UI mismatch or if it takes time to update. I cleared cache and quit the app on both phones and it updated properly. Both of my phones are on UI 5.1
0 Likes
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
It didn't update the movement automatically that's why I cleared the cache and exit the app
0 Likes
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

It's not a matter of taking time to update. It's a matter of undoing what I'm trying to do. I can manually move the folders on both phones regardless of whether "sync" is on or off, and after a short while of having "sync" back on again, the folder will be back in the wrong place on at least one phone.

0 Likes