Original topic:

Samsung Smart Switch does not retain dates of files

(Topic created: yesterday)
kjsin1994
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My brother's S10 has been a great device. He was interested in backing up data and used smart switch. He tried it on both a new S23, and a manual backup to his Windows laptop.

I was extremely disappointed to see that file dates are not retained, and everything is out of order on the new phone. I looked at the files on the computer and they have the same result.

The solution was to just manually copy everything from the phone straight to the laptop with the windows file explorer. I then copied them to a flash drive and plugged that into the S23. Then I copied them from the flash drive onto the S23's internal memory. Samsung has made software that performs poorly. Removing the SD cards was a terrible decision. I hold out hope that they will bring back the SD card for the S25, as they debuted the Express SD cards earlier this year.

Hopefully Samsung will get their act together and get better. I do not see myself buying any Samsung products for the foreseeable future.

My advice is to use another service for transferring files if the dates are important to you.

1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

That's odd. All my documents have the correct date and I used Smart Switch to transfer phone to phone.

0 Likes