Original topic:

Share Smart Tag 2 location with members?

(Topic created: Saturday)
Datumz
Asteroid
Options
I am trying to share my Smart Tag locations with my parents on their Samsung phones, but on the find app. When I shared the devices with them, on their devices they can see the tags, but it will not let them access the tag's locations. Is there currently any solution to this? It seems extremely convoluted to even get the tags to show up on their phones, but eventually I did, and even still, they can't see the tag's locations.
1 Reply
Datumz
Asteroid
Options
So I found out how to share location of the tags by creating a family group under the Samsung account settings on your phone. This only allows you to share the tags location but doesn't allow the users to access the sound features or near searching features, which makes the tags half as useful. This is a big oversight for Samsung to not allow this to be possible, and on top of that for this process to be this lengthy to begin with just to share the tags locations is very frustrating. Sharing the tags via smartthings shared the tags, but says they don't have access to the tags features.