Original topic:

Shut down schedule

(Topic created: Monday)
user53pKKsED1z
Cosmic Ray
Options
  • I want to schedule shutting down my phone for example I want to listen to some tutorials for 30 minutes and it shuts down after that because I want to save my battery instead of consuming it throughout the night I don't like to wake up while it is zero
0 Likes
2 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
It's worse for the battery to continually turn it on and off because every time you turn it on, it uses up a lot of battery at once during boot up cycles, app start up, network resyncing everything, etc. Li-ion batteries have a limited lifespan and the rapid use of 1-4% during bootup will accumulate wear on the battery faster than normal use. It will also prevent the phone from performing nightly maintenance routines, such as automatic app updates.

Just charge up your phone beforehand and if you're using it to play media as you fall asleep, consider using a sleep timer. Youtube and most other media app have one built into them in the settings.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Why not just keep it on the charger overnight? I do. Have for years with no negative affect on battery life.  The phone will not overcharge and will stop charging when full.  you can also turn on battery protect.  As @TipsyTrex stated, you do neither your phone nor battery any favors by repeatedly turning it on and off every night.  you should, however, schedule a weekly restart for optimization and maintenance in device care

if you want to listen to stuff as you fall asleep, you can make a routine to turn off the media/app you are using - see example:

Screenshot_20240916_103005_Modes and Routines.jpg

0 Likes