JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartTag2 making 3 beeps randomly

(Topic created: 11-20-2023 09:32 AM)
CaptPackrat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have two SmartTag2 devices on the two keyrings that I carry on my pocket. At random intervals, one of them makes 3 short beeps in a rising pitch. I can't find any notifications on my phone and NotiStar didn't indicate anything in the history. SmartThings indicates the batteries are "sufficient". (Better be, they're less than 2 weeks old.) It's not the same beep that is made when you press the button on the tags (2 beeps of the same pitch).

What does this beeping mean?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Is this the same noise the Smart Tag makes when you insert the battery? If so, it's possible the one making random beeping might be defective.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Is this the same noise the Smart Tag makes when you insert the battery? If so, it's possible the one making random beeping might be defective.
0 Likes
CaptPackrat
Cosmic Ray
Options
That appears to be the sound. Thank you. Now the hard part will be figuring out which one is doing it, since I have two for two separate keyrings.
0 Likes
CaptPackrat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Should the tags be showing up as "Nearby" all the time when they're literally in my pocket, maybe a foot from my phone? A third tag on my laptop bag is constantly showing as "Connected" and it's about 6 feet away.
0 Likes