JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smartthings Find: Will it work to locate S22 Ultra and A12 using the same account?

(Topic created: 08-18-2022 05:25 PM)
itssomebody
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

So my question is for smart things find. If I have 2 Samsung phone one is the 22 ultra and is currently cut off and 1 is another Samsung a12 which is cut on and working and both phone are under the same email account with Samsung can I set them up so of I lose one phone I could use smart things find on it to find the other one. For ex. If I lose the s22 ultra can I use the a12 to find it and vice versa even if they are under the same email Samsung account? Cause that would be a great deal since I lose phones easily 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Good evening @itssomebody  I hope you're doing well. 

To answer your question; you can only use Samsung phones with more powerful processors in the Samsung Smartthings app. Of course your S22 Ultra qualifies for it. But your a12 wouldn't. The list of compatible devices can be found in the Samsung Smarthings find tab in the "how to use" section. 

However you would be able to unlock and locate your devices straight from your Samsung account if your devices still have a battery life to them. For that you would need to log into your Samsung account on the desktop site, then go over to "devices" from there you would be able to locate your devices when they are misplaced. That would be the way to find one from the other solely because you'd have to have a flagship to be able to use that Samrthings feature for both devices. 

I hope that helps.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Good evening @itssomebody  I hope you're doing well. 

To answer your question; you can only use Samsung phones with more powerful processors in the Samsung Smartthings app. Of course your S22 Ultra qualifies for it. But your a12 wouldn't. The list of compatible devices can be found in the Samsung Smarthings find tab in the "how to use" section. 

However you would be able to unlock and locate your devices straight from your Samsung account if your devices still have a battery life to them. For that you would need to log into your Samsung account on the desktop site, then go over to "devices" from there you would be able to locate your devices when they are misplaced. That would be the way to find one from the other solely because you'd have to have a flagship to be able to use that Samrthings feature for both devices. 

I hope that helps.

itssomebody
Astronaut
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
Options
You can also use Google's find my phone app. It should work on both phones.
0 Likes