JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UNINSTALL Samsung DeX from Windows 10 computer

(Topic created: 03-29-2020 06:00 AM)
Oh_Danny_Boy
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I can NOT uninstall Samsung DeX from my Windows 10 computer. Error code 350 or 310 or something like that, and tells me my computer needs rebooting (two of the most useless error codes I've seen since nothing fixes the problem).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Edit: you can also try booting into Safe Mode on your computer and attempting to uninstall DeX that way without needing to do a system restore. Depending on the type of Computer you have booting to Safe Mode may be different for each machine. 

Restart Windows like you normally would only before it fully boots up try pressing F8 on your keyboard until you're taken to the boot menu. Then you will want to Boot into Safe mode. Once there, try uninstalling DeX that way. 

View solution in context

7 Replies
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Have you tried uninstalling the program entirely in the control panel? If not search for the control panel in your Start Menu> then you will want to tap Programs and features> from there you should be able to right click to uninstall DeX from your computer.

userQII8359hCe
Astronaut
Options

Thanks alot. I tried doing it right now and luckly i was successful. In deleting / unistalling the samsung dex. Thank you once again.

Oh_Danny_Boy
Asteroid
Options

Well, thank you, but if I'm doing it correctly, it is not working. I keep getting an error code 350, along with a message  "No action taken as a system reboot is needed". Neither the error code or a system reboot do anything at all.

d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

The only other thing I would recommend is doing a system restore (if your computer has a recovery partition) you would need to install other programs and apps that you're using but you can still keep your files. That's the only case where I would recommend a system restore when programs aren't uninstalling properly. 

@Oh_Danny_Boy wrote:

Well, thank you, but if I'm doing it correctly, it is not working. I keep getting an error code 350, along with a message  "No action taken as a system reboot is needed". Neither the error code or a system reboot do anything at all.

0 Likes
Solution
d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Edit: you can also try booting into Safe Mode on your computer and attempting to uninstall DeX that way without needing to do a system restore. Depending on the type of Computer you have booting to Safe Mode may be different for each machine. 

Restart Windows like you normally would only before it fully boots up try pressing F8 on your keyboard until you're taken to the boot menu. Then you will want to Boot into Safe mode. Once there, try uninstalling DeX that way. 

Oh_Danny_Boy
Asteroid
Options

IT WORKED ! Thank you ! It took me a while to get 'Safe Mode' to kick in (it was sucessful when I pressed the four-square Windows key, and R at the same time, then put "msconfig" into a command line). The Samsung uninstall bar showed no progress, but apparently it was running in the background.

I appreciate your help. The DeX program offered no new capabilities, and a lot of useless ones. While it didn't take up much space on my computer, I wanted to get rid of it on principal. Thanks again for your help!

Dan

d_spi
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Oh_Danny_Boy wrote:

IT WORKED ! Thank you ! It took me a while to get 'Safe Mode' to kick in (it was sucessful when I pressed the four-square Windows key, and R at the same time, then put "msconfig" into a command line). The Samsung uninstall bar showed no progress, but apparently it was running in the background.

I appreciate your help. The DeX program offered no new capabilities, and a lot of useless ones. While it didn't take up much space on my computer, I wanted to get rid of it on principal. Thanks again for your help!

Dan

Glad to hear that worked for you Dan! You are very welcome. Have a good day!

0 Likes