Original topic:

Unable to create custom stickers in Gallery

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 08:33 AM)
Gareee
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm having an issue creating stickers from the gallery.

In the past, we could long press to get a sticker selection amd then manually edit that selection.

Now however, the ai selection makes it's selection, and we get no option to adjust that selection at all.
(For instance, I wanted just a head selection, but instead it selected the entire object with now option to crop or adjust it.)

Getting some videos posted on how these new tools can be used would be SO helpful, instead of only seeing 50,000 camera shootouts. 
102 Replies
HansF
Constellation
Options

In S21 and S22 ultra you could manually select objects, but in S24 ultra this feature is removed, and even worser 24 selects the object itself and you can't change what it has selected for you.

Example: You want to "select" a glas, but S24 selects the face, you can't change / select the glas ☹️

So 24 have removed manual selection, and also decided itself what it wants to select, and you can't change the object you want ☹️

Both this worked on S21 and S22 

Gareee
Halo
Options
You can do manual selection editing a picture, and then selecting the left 4 dots.
ElPaposeco
Astronaut
Options

I'm honestly trying to but I can't and that's just absurd. I hope they at least listen and give back the option to just select manually. Adding features is great but removing manual input is just botherline stupid. Seems like an easy thing so hope this makes enough noise so they can listen but I'm not sure about that 🫂

userYbTYU3jEkQ
Constellation
Options
This doesn't allow you to make it a sticker. I need a whole image overlayed on another image and this just lets me cut things out which then when i try to make my sticker, the ai still gets to choose what is classified as the sticker
Tenorek
Astronaut
Options
This was my most used feature, and now it is completely gone on the S24Ultra. The AI has never once selected what I want correctly, so to remove manual selection means this feature is broken.
Members_L8JLSQh
Constellation
Options

I agree. When you go to add a sticker and select the photo of origin, it doesn't let you edit the selection marquee. And if you do the other way around and go to the image first and long press on it and then go to edit the selection it only starts you with the part that it has previously selected as what it thinks is the sticker you want. Not the whole image. This is a disaster lol how could they possibly think that their AI would know which part of the photo you want without even the opportunity to write a prompt? This tool is broken.

Tanakene
Constellation
Options

Now I have a problem. I can't take any object to make a sticker. When I long press on an object noting happens and nothing is selected. Anybody with the same problem?

0 Likes
GK2024
Astronaut
Options
I have the same problem. S23 ultra, can't manually select nor edit AI's selection. I used the prior version alot too (so easy). Nothing happens when I long-press the preview clip. Help!!!
GK2024
Astronaut
Options
Ok, figured it out (S23 Ultra with AI upgrade). You have to go to the pic you want to save the sticker FROM (not TO) first, long press on image, press the 3 dots, then Edit, then the old format shows up; select manual, then save as Sticker to be used on another picture. The old way was easier for me.
nickf1455
Astronaut
Options
But it only allows you to edit the sticker AI made for you