Original topic:

Unable to create custom stickers in Gallery

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 08:33 AM)
Gareee
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm having an issue creating stickers from the gallery.

In the past, we could long press to get a sticker selection amd then manually edit that selection.

Now however, the ai selection makes it's selection, and we get no option to adjust that selection at all.
(For instance, I wanted just a head selection, but instead it selected the entire object with now option to crop or adjust it.)

Getting some videos posted on how these new tools can be used would be SO helpful, instead of only seeing 50,000 camera shootouts. 
94 Replies
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
When you long press on the image, tap 3 dots >> Edit so you can make adjustment of the selection or draw something on it before saving.

When you finish adjusting/editing and tap save, it will show you options to save as image or save as sticker.
0 Likes
K4tya
Astronaut
Options

Gee, this is **bleep**g annoying asit doesn't work on text pics. I create stickers off of text so I can easily use it as watermark!!! This new feature is soooo BS!!!!!!

a2arora
Astronaut
Options

Agree. This feature is so frustrating that I am thinking of ditching the s24 and going back to S22.

Members_L8JLSQh
Constellation
Options

Unfortunately this does not work. When you long tap the photo and press edit it only allows you to edit the sticker that it has created. You are not given the full photo to edit into a sticker. So if the AI doesn't successfully select the parts of the photo that you want to become a sticker you can't edit and include them

Gareee
Halo
Options
I think I found it...it's the 4 circles... why that isn't in the sticker section doesn't make intuitive sense, since it looks like it is intended as more manual sticker creation.

Maybe floating tool tips would be helpful to see what something is intended to be used for?

The biggest problem with new phone upgrades isn't hardware or even interface related....it's teaching people where things have been moved to and how to find them.

And that's oneui system wide. Great example is setting custom notification sounds for individual apps.

It's great you added granular categories to the creation, bit you buried it in two seperate locations, and users can't use help to locate it.
Without a youtuber discovering it and posting about it, users would think we've lost features and not gained them.

There should be a whole youtube channel from samsung showcasing features and how to use them.
(Kind of like a video wiki.)

This could even be linked to the phone tips app.

It's stupid that only people who seriously dig into their phone and research can actually use them properly.
LoneStarredRanger
Constellation
Options
Thank you for this, I was really lost and confused!

I don't like that it was moved out of the sticker creation section. However I do appreciate that I can finally go and pre-select and edit what I want to use as a sticker before I'm ready to add it to a photo. However I wish after we selected and cropped the region we could go ahead and save that to a sticker!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have to go to an image after cropping with the 4 dor menu intellect ad sticker in order to save your selection as a sticker, correct. Also sorry that this wall text above is so convoluted I don't know how to word it better lol!

Long story short though your post helped me out a ton! Thank you!
userZp7cUKpEyo
Astronaut
Options
THANK YOU!
0 Likes
user7QJmUMu7LG
Constellation
Options

Sorry having a blonde moment I do a lot of graphic design from my Galaxy Note. And that sticker function was a huge deal for me. And now that it's gone I can't figure it out. Because of an sticker, it just takes what it wants and I need to be able to draw around what I want. How do I get to that? Can you screenshot the button that I should be pushing

0 Likes
HansF
Constellation
Options

In S21 and S22 ultra you could manually select objects, but in S24 ultra this feature is removed, and even worser 24 selects the object itself and you can't change what it has selected for you.

Example: You want to "select" a glas, but S24 selects the face, you can't change / select the glas ☹️

So 24 have removed manual selection, and also decided itself what it wants to select, and you can't change the object you want ☹️

Both this worked on S21 and S22