Original topic:

Want Samsung Gallery to enable video sound by default

(Topic created: Friday)
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options

When playing videos, Samsung Gallery defaults to having the sound turned off. No sound will play until I click the little speaker icon in the lower right. Since videos start playing immediately when I select them, my first video always starts with the sound off, so that viewers miss the initial sound unless I restart the video. I have NEVER wanted to play ANY video with the sound off. I find it very odd that Samsung Gallery provides no option to select whether sound is enabled by default. Could we please have a setting on Samsung Gallery that determines whether video sound is initially enabled by default? Thanks.

6 Replies
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options

Note that this issue was already discussed in a previous post (Gallery Video sound missing). Somebody marked this issue "Solved", claiming that the proposed "solution" was to have things remain as they are, i.e. to have the app force the user to click the speaker button after the (first) video has started. Obviously this is NOT a solution.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

The reason sound is off by default is so if you open the video in a public setting with sound (and I know people loooooooooooove to keep their sound all the way up in public) it doesn't disturb anyone around you.  I don't want to hear the audio to your video if I'm sitting somewhere minding my own business.  As a matter of fact, I didn't even realize until very recently, that the videos I had taken actually had sound to them...good thing I didn't say anything of consequence.

If you click the menu when the video is open, and select open in video player, the sound will come on immediately.  It's still two clicks, one to open the menu, one to select the video player; as is opening the video, turning on the sound, starting over. So, choose your two clicks.

0 Likes
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options

Well I suppose that works fine for you, but I never start playing a video without first considering who's around me, and I don't ever recall starting a video when I didn't want people around me hearing it. So I'd still like the option to have audio on when I start my first video.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

You do, by opening it in the video player. If you are too lazy for an extra click, that's on you.

0 Likes
DaveZiffer
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I cannot start the sound immediately at the beginning of the first video because it takes time for me to reach over (in front of the video) and click the speaker button. Please desist from trying to convince me that I'd should not want to have my first video start automatically with the video on. Regardless of your preferences or your satisfaction with the current setup, there is no point in your continuing this line of discussion.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options

Your disappointment is not my problem. There is currently a way to do what you want, but you don't want to do it.  I don't care one way or the other, it does not affect me.  Do or do not, your choice.

0 Likes