Original topic:

Weather app will not let me delete any locations

(Topic created: yesterday)
cpaman
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have 10 locations in weather app, which is apparently the max you can have. App will not let me delete any locations thst I no longer need, so that I can add others. I travel a lot and want to use app for new locations. Any help is appreciated.
2 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello cpaman, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with not being able to delete locations in the weather app. 

To delete locations, open the app and select the Menu. Tap the option to Manage Locations. Then select the three dots in the top corner, and tap Edit. This should give you the option to select the locations you wish to remove.

Let us know if this helps.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Aside from the instructions the moderator just gave you, do you know that you don't have to add the locations you travel to.  You can adjust the settings to keep your home location and give you the weather for your current location.  In the weather app settings (when you open the menu, tap the settings wheel) , tap on "local weather" and agree for the app to use your current location to give you the weather wherever you are. When you manage locations, keep your home location and any others that you want (your mom, places you visit frequently, etc) and delete all the unnecessary ones and just let the app determine where you are at the moment.

IMO, the only reason to enter a different location than home is if you have upcoming travel and want to know what to pack and I can look that up on a website.

0 Likes