JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is Smart Things Find?

(Topic created: 12-14-2022 04:37 PM)
cuvtixo
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I've just got a Samsong SmartTag+, and there's a button for "let tag find my device" and it prompts me with "install SmartThings Find, but I hit it and nothing happens. I already have Google Find My Device, is it blocking the Samsung app? When I look in the Play Store it has LOTS of "find" apps, but none from Samsung. Has this been discontinued?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of having your SmartThings find app available for letting the tag locate your device. I would be happy to assist you further. With all the devices we own these days, it’s easy to accidentally misplace one or two. Luckily, SmartThings Find in the SmartThings app will help you locate your precious devices, like your phone, tablet, earbuds, and watch. SmartThings Find will scan for your devices and even show you a map with detailed information, including addresses and timestamps. You can also share device information with other Galaxy users, so a friend can locate a device for you, or turn on the Offline finding feature. If you need additional tracking options, you can connect to Find My Mobile within the app or use the Samsung SmartTag as well. Give this link a try for steps to download the SmartThings finds app and for more information about the features included with the app: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088182/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@cuvtixo 

The "let tag find my device" feature allows you to push a button on your Smart Tag (I don't recall if you have to hold it, or press several times) to make your phone play an alarm. It's for when your phone is around, and connected to the tag, so it can make some noise, to help you find it.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of having your SmartThings find app available for letting the tag locate your device. I would be happy to assist you further. With all the devices we own these days, it’s easy to accidentally misplace one or two. Luckily, SmartThings Find in the SmartThings app will help you locate your precious devices, like your phone, tablet, earbuds, and watch. SmartThings Find will scan for your devices and even show you a map with detailed information, including addresses and timestamps. You can also share device information with other Galaxy users, so a friend can locate a device for you, or turn on the Offline finding feature. If you need additional tracking options, you can connect to Find My Mobile within the app or use the Samsung SmartTag as well. Give this link a try for steps to download the SmartThings finds app and for more information about the features included with the app: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088182/

0 Likes