JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wps push button not see in my phone

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 11:06 AM)
userwaXtdJHuBY
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My phone does not have this feature WPS Connect /WPS Push Button I need this feature a lot Because with this feature I can connect wifi without password to save my time. I request you to add this feature to my phone 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Due to security issues Samsung removed WPS
This is what I was told by a Samsung moderator. Use your password

View solution in context

4 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
You only have to enter the password for you wifi once and the phone will remember it.
0 Likes
Solution
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Due to security issues Samsung removed WPS
This is what I was told by a Samsung moderator. Use your password
Options
You do know by pushing the WPS button. It rests your security parameters. And writes a new password (and changes the name of your SSID) for your router.

It was helpful doing this if you didn't know your wifi password and wanted to connect to it without knowing the password.

Also helpful if you wanted to connect new devices to your wifi and set the devices all up at once.

Old Routers out their still have the push WPS button on the router itself.

In the new day an age a new router has a small piece of paper that came with the router that has the QR Code.

That QR code when you scan it with your phones camera it automatically signs you into the wifi bypassing the password.

Also you can achieve bypassing the password if one of your devices is already connected to the wifi. By pulling up the connected wifi settings and scanning the QR Code.

If you every go to somebody place or public place an i didn't know the password. Instead of them looking for it or not knowing it. I just scan somebody QR code off their phone.

The QR code could be on the back of new routers too.
I can't check to see if my does. (Because I got it mounted to the wall an don't wanna move it) But I'm pretty sure it does i remember the password being on the back of it
Lrock
Comet
Options
discontinued due to security vulnerabilities
0 Likes