Original topic:

please enable landscape mode for video lockscreens

(Topic created: Wednesday)
JCS81
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
it seems as easy as flipping a switch. the switch for landscape videos on the lockscreen is forced off and i cant change it. i used to force that switch on with routines app but it got patched or somthing.
if i could force the lockscreen video into landscape screen orientation back then and it worked perfectly; why is it even locked in the first place?
0 Likes
6 Replies
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
What device? I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S9, and I do everything on landscape mode. What you're referring to as horizontal. Including the lock screen. However on a phone, I don't think that that is an option on any Samsung phone ever. Not 100% sure of that though.
0 Likes
usermG2zCfeJgR
Constellation
Options
Hey, I have the same issue where the home and lock screens do not flip to horizontal. I just got the A9+ and it's quite annoying using a keyboard attachment where the tablet has to stay horizontal.
Auto-rotate is on, but my home and lock screens don't respond by turning. Every time I'm using the keyboard attachment and I leave an app, the entire interface and direction of movement on the mouse pad (and home screen) changes to vertical orientation.
Is there a way to enable homescreen rotation? How can you use a keyboard on these if it stays vertical?
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yes, if you just disable the lock to I'm not sure if it's called horizontal or landscape mode in the settings, disable that lock to horizontal or landscape and it should freely change orientation when you change the orientation of the tablet. I don't keep that unlocked because I find it annoying but that's just me.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Pull down your notification shade. Look for the toggle button, I have circled and turn it on to Auto Rotate.

If you don't see it, press the pencil icon. Full Edit, long press and drag icon to ehat ever page youbwish.1719459429867.jpg
0 Likes
JCS81
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy s21 ultra, you can have up to 15 wallpapers (pictures and videos) on the lockscreen. With the pictures you can have them in portrait or landscape mode on the lockscreen but videos are limited to just portrait mode.
I was able to force video into landscape mode and it worked flawlessly until it got patched.
They could just allow it since it works but they keep the switch locked in the setting to off
0 Likes
JCS81
Cosmic Ray
Options
For others having trouble with rotation orientation. on my phone, you can hold the rotation button , aka orientation button, aka auto rotate button to get to some switches. Sometimes, some of them are switched off depending on which orientation you are on. It differs from landscape, portrait, and auto rotation orientation.

My issue is different because the switch for landscape video wallpaper for the lockscreen is locked by samsung to off.1719465663419.jpg
0 Likes