Original topic:

Cube Air Purifier filters not available anymore

(Topic created: 02-13-2024 02:59 PM)
PMF
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I have had 3 Cube Air Purifiers for a few years and have purchased replacement filters in the past directly from Samsung and from Amazon. 

These filters were sold as a kit with one Dust Collecting filter and one Deodorization Filter (part number CFX-H1401/AA).

It is time to replace the filters again and I just found out that Samsung no longer sells the replacements filters directly.

I called Samsung support at 800-726-7864 and they told me I would have to purchase the filters from their third-party parts distributor at 800-627-4368.

The Samsung third-party parts distributor does not have any record of the filter part number I bought before (CFX-H1401/AA). I was told I had to call Samsung Support again to get the correct part number.

Samsung Support did not want to provide a part number for the filter. They said these filters are no longer available and I would have to buy a brand new Cuber Air Purifier device to get it with a new filter in it. This clearly must not be correct - so I would encourage anyone experiencing this challenge to call their tech support directly to see what kind of answer you get back.

After much pleading and asking for Support escalation, I was finally provided new part numbers for the filter. It seems the original kit I bought before is no longer sold and the Dust and Deodorizing filters must now be bought spatially. 

The Dust Collecting filter part number is DB94-07195F and the Deodorizing filter part number DB94-08304A. The Samsung third-party parts supplier is charging $490 for the two filters. That is almost the price of the Cube air purifier device. Again this cannot be right so I encourage you to call and ask for yourself.

Amazon still sells the original filter kit for $98 that comes with both the Dust and Deodorizing filters (part number CFX-H1401/AA). https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3SDNZZW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=AFX918Z53RC7B&psc=1 

However, Amazon will not ship to California anymore. The Amazon's product page above has this disclaimer: "This product does not meet California air cleaner regulation requirements, and cannot be shipped to California"

If you are experiencing similar challenges, please leave your comments here.

5 Replies
DallasGuy129
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm in the same boat. I have 3 of the Cube air purifiers (model AX300T9080W/AA). These purifiers require new filters every six months. The filter that I have purchased from Samsung in the past, "Filter Kit for Bespoke Cube (Dust+Deodorizing) model CFX-H1401/AA," is not available from Samsung. I called support, and they referred me to the same parts company, and I could not find any such filter on the third party parts company's website. 

So, I have resorted to purchasing the "GoodVac Replacement H13 True HEPA Filter Kit Compatible with Samsung Cube Air Purifiers AX9500 CFX-H100/GB," from Amazon. And it has a CA Prop 65 label on there that some of the chemicals used in manufacturing could cause cancer or reproductive harm. These replacement filters also say "Made in China." I would feel much safer buying replacement filters from Samsung.

Samsung, you were selling replacement filters for $80 each. That's a lot of profit. Why did you stop making replacement filters? 

0 Likes
userM99VHvwzVm
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Same here mine was the AX300T9080S/AA Cube Air Purifier (before the Bespoke model was released). Mine used filter number CFX-H1001/AA. If they are making it so hard finding a filter, I'd just have to buy a another air filter from another company with better customer service. It's so hard to get a direct answer from samsung

0 Likes
userqQBdcgrP02
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the BESPOKE Cube Air Purifier (AX350*935**) and recently looked on Samsung.com for a replacement air filter. I chatted with two different Samsung Care reps last night after I could not find it. The rep told me the model number for my air purifier is AX350A9350G/AA. I searched that on samsungparts.com and could not find it. Relayed this to the last rep I chatted with and asked them to escalate the issue after they kept telling me that i had to contact samsungparts.com directly and give them the model number. Then they told me the part name for the filter is "Assy Cover - Filter," but that did not work either. After giving the samsungparts.com rep the model number AX350A9350G/AA and a 10-minute hold, they transferred me to Samsung! Samsung rep transferred me to their technical team. After 40 minutes, they are unable to locate the replacement filter anywhere on their website or samsungparts.com. The rep transferred me back to samsungparts.com and they said they found the part number and it is DB94-08313D, which is $168.05!  They sent me an email with a picture of the replacement filter.

I called Samsung back asking to speak with a supervisor.  He was very unhelpful.  He told me he could see that the product was discontinued, but they did not receive any notification that they had stopped manufacturing them.  Said he would need to clarify from their fulfillment team and then he put me on hold.  After 5 minutes, he transferred me back to samsungparts.com!  Samsungparts.com (aka J&J or Encompass) told me they get their pricing directly from Samsung.

DB94-08313D.png

0 Likes
userqQBdcgrP02
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Do you know why this product would not meet California air cleaner regulation requirements?  I don't see anything specifically.  I'm wondering if Samsung would have had the same issue with this particular filter.

0 Likes
bkelp
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Yeah they do this. Their air purifiers are a total scam - they stop selling filters after just a couple of years. I spent $600 on my purifier and got royally **bleep**.

0 Likes