JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smartthings edge driver update

(Topic created: 09-22-2022 03:17 PM)
userUVcbqZRowz
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Hello:  I'm not clear what I need to do to transition off the groovy IDE where I have my smartthings v3 hub and devices.

What will replace groovy ide and what do I need to do?

I can get edge drivers but currently I'm on groovy ide.
1 Reply
Solution
groundzero2010
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

How many devices do you have connected to your ST hub? What I did was list all the different type of devices I have (ST door sensors, Innr RGB bulbs, Aeotec Nano switches, etc.) and search to see if there are Edge drivers being created for them. Drivers are hosted on Channels. You can enroll your hub into these channels. Once you're enrolled in a channel, you can view the available drivers they have that can be installed on your Hub. Take note, only 50 drivers can be installed on your hub at one time. Most users won't run into this situation. Once you have the driver installed, you'll need to remove each device from your hub, then re-add it. If you have a driver installed that works with a specific device, it will select that Edge driver automatically. Be sure to notate if there are any routines assigned to a device. I went through and took a screenshot of the routines on a specific device I was removing, so I could go through and remove the device from that routine, and re-add it once it was connected to an Edge driver. 

I hope this makes some kind of sense. There are plenty of articles on the Smartthings Community page as well as youtube videos showing moving to Edge drivers. https://community.smartthings.com/

ST may be rolling out the drivers automatically, but I didn't want to take the chance in my devices not working properly once the switch was made.

Good luck!