Original topic:

Stop Condensing and Hiding Settings

(Topic created: 06-26-2023 06:43 AM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hey Samsung,

Can you please release an update that refines the layout of the settings you include in your devices? For an example, over time, Samsung Pass was combined into Samsung Wallet. Backup for Secure Folder was moved to a hidden menu most won't know about. Bixby Routines was combined into Modes. Replace Swipe With Single Tap (for answering calls) was moved into Accessibility Settings and requires an annoying Menu button to constantly hover on screen. There's probably been even more over the years.

I understand that you have a bunch of settings that users have to sift though. But if you're going to combine settings, it should make sense. Why would Pass be inside of the wallet? Elderly people may keep a piece of paper with their account passwords on it in their wallet. I hope that wasn't your inspiration. Most older users would greatly benefit from using their password manager. But despise the idea of storing a digital copy of their cards in their phone (at least in the US). Samsung Pass should remain its own app.

You've probably already read/heard of numerous users complain that Secure Folder backup was removed. I even posted about it. Another user of this app had shown me how find the feature hidden in a Developer Options-like menu. Why you would do this does not make sense. Bring it back out and make the option visible where everyone would expect it to be.

Bixby Routines in Modes. I can kind of see it 🤔. But the Bixby app should be refined in a way similar to SmartThings or Good Lock. Have a Bixby app where all of Bixby's features can be located. Even providing a shortcut to Bixby Vision (while still keeping it in the camera). In addition to BRINGING BACK Bixby's previous features: Food Mode and Shopping Mode! 

Lastly, remove Replace Swipe With Single Tap and put it in the Phone settings. More people are going to use it for answering their phone anyway. So there is no need to keep it exclusively in Accessibility Settings, hidden behind a floating menu button.

There is so much more that needs to be refined in your settings and menus. But let's start with these.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you Jess04,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you Jess04,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes