JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2-Year Art Store Promotion

(Topic created: 03-30-2024 07:26 AM)
Dr-MM
Asteroid
Options
TVs

I recently purchased a 65-inch Frame TV that included a “FREE” subscription to the 2-Year Art Store.  To say the least, accessing the promotion is anything but transparent.  After searching the web and this community board, I found that I am in the company of others who experienced similar difficulties.  

Ultimately, I was able to find and access the Promotion App.  When I did that, the coupon that appeared was a 31-day free trial and not a 2-year free subscription.  I continued the process hoping that it would lead me to the promotion I desired.  As the directions required, I selected the Annual Membership and then received a receipt which indicated that I would be charged after the trial period. There was NO mention of a 2-year Free trial and so, I called support clarification.

The first agent I spoke with told me I had to cancel my order before the 31-day period was over.  I did that and after a week or so later, I went back to the promo app and selected the 2-year subscription that appeared.  When I tried to access it I immediately received a message that the coupon was “used.”  

In an effort to get the coupon reactivated, I called and emailed support services. The recommendations your agents gave me ran the gamut from wait and see to having the tech department clear the tv's memory and re-start it remotely. Being reluctant to do that, I called again, and another agent told me clearing the memory would not resolve the problem but offered no suggestions as to what would.

Most recently, a representative from your promotion department said she could not help me and recommended that, with the link she sent me, I request upper-level management to reactivate or reapply the coupon.  Before disconnecting from that agent, I asked how long I should wait for a response.  To that she replied that I should hear back within 24-48 hours.  After waiting 48 hours, what I received was the same thing I received from my other emails, NOTHING!!.   As others on this Community Board described, emails tend to fall into a big black hole.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I have come to believe that the procedure to access this promotion (and maybe others) was intentionally designed to be vague and confusing.  Additionally, although the live support agents with whom I spoke were very polite, they provided nothing more than conflicting advice or no support at all.  

The cost of this TV is more than that of other similar sized TVs from other manufacturers.  It was art mode feature that brought me to this tv.  I am truly saddened and disappointed with "support" I have received thus far.  I believe that I am entitled to all features and promos that were to be included at the time of my purchase.  I am hoping this problem can be resolved quickly but will continue my efforts to get all that I am due. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with not being able to use your coupon. Unfortunately we would be unable to assist here. I would recommend reaching out to our promotions team at 1-866-888-5503 to get the best assistance possible.

View solution in context

4 Replies
userwanaPBRvhd
Constellation
Options
TVs

I am experiencing the same thing. Just purchased the 2024 65" and only 31 days is the trial.

0 Likes
Dr-MM
Asteroid
Options
TVs

I will give Samsung a week or so to respond to either one of the may text messages I sent or to the posting.  Should they fail to satisfactorily address the issue or fail to respond at all, my next stop will be with the Better Business Bureau.  

I will post the outcome of my efforts.  Best of luck!

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with not being able to use your coupon. Unfortunately we would be unable to assist here. I would recommend reaching out to our promotions team at 1-866-888-5503 to get the best assistance possible.

Dr-MM
Asteroid
Options
TVs

To those following the thread regarding my frustrations with obtaining a free 2-Year Subscription to the Art Store, despite the note stating that the issue has been solved, the problem continues. The manager of the board just sent me back to the department who first told me to cancel the 31-day trial and then told me to email upper level management. Although I did that, I have yet to hear back from the upper level staff. Things do not look promising. I will wait a bit before pursuing other avenues. 

As previously stated, I am very dissatisfied with the responses I have received from Samsung’s customer service.  Although all agents were polite and seemed interested in helping, they all seemed to have read from the same script, “Sorry, but I cannot help you,” try elsewhere.