Original topic:

Popping sounds while watching TV

(Topic created: 11-26-2017 06:02 PM)
userOdlGBSH4ck
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung - 55" Class (54.6" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV, and now that I have had it a few days, I am noticing that the sound pops every couple minutes or so. It makes no difference weather the volume is higher or lower it still pops, but the intensity of the pop does change with the volume. (Quiet pop/crackle when on a lower volume)  is there anyone who could give me advice on what to do, or maybe someone has had the same problem and has solved it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
257 Replies
usercdYekQovqX
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The firmware is 100% the cause or was in my case with my ue65q7f. I’ve had my TV replaced because of the problem by Samsung and Hughes and the original and replacement both did it but the day I Installed the latest firmware the pops came to a full stop. That was 10 days ago now and before the update I had my speakers crackle and pop at least once a day (7 or 8 times a day on average) so as spoke would say, when you eliminate everything else what your left with is the logical answer. 

If the update didn’t work for you and it’s a different model TV then get in touch with Samsung and see what they say buddy.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@usercdYekQovqX: We can only support US products. Please contact Samsung Support in your region: http://bit.ly/lBD2zm

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
steve4
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Sorry guys, was away with work last week and was waiting till I got home so I could check the serial number before contacting samsung.

For now I've purchased an optical switch so I can feed audio from my PS4, blu ray, and one-connect box to my hi-fi at the same time. More convenient then switching optical cables everytime, but really, not what I should have to do with a brand new tv that I purchased on the strength of all the reviews I read about it.

Really Samsung, clearly there is an issue here with the amount of people saying they have the same problem. If you want to retain customers please focus on making sure all of the tvs in your range work properly, rather than this race to bring out a brand new model every 12 months!

0 Likes
Preed
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I agree with you Steve.  It would be nice to hear back on this, rather be ignored since the problem hasn't been solved yet.

0 Likes
Preed
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I realize that I am posting frequently here, but can a mod respond on what is going on with this? I spent a lot of money on this TV and I would like to know if there is anything in the works at least.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

If all possible troubleshooting has been tried and the firmware is up-to date then repairs are all we can recommend. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
steve4
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

You can't repair something if you don't know what the problem is!

0 Likes
Preed
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I agree Steve. I had a feeling I was going to get a boiler plate comment to tell me to send it is im for repair. This is a brand new tv. I already exchanged it once and both did the same.  I just want to know if the engineers are working on a fix or new firmware or are they giving up, but I these questions are getting dodged. 

0 Likes
Preed
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Soooooo, any news on a future firmware update or is Samsung giving up on their 2018 lineup? It's a simple yes or no question, yet this keeps getting ignored. Is Samsung not going to do anything about this and are instructing mods not to answer?

0 Likes
userF8gnDK3Tzp
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Yea im looking at changing my tv to another brand since samsung can't figure out this minor issue that just became major seeing that so many people are having this issue. Smh

0 Likes