JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charging and HDMI output at same time

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Jasmeralia
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

A little while ago, I sent my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (after I upgraded to the S9+) to a friend who is also a streamer. There's a mobile game she wants to stream,  Love & Deepspace. It's pretty graphics intensive, so the battery life is on the short end. I got her a USB-C ā€> HDMI cable to connect it to her Elgato capture card for display capturing, but I'm concerned that the battery will limit the stream duration to less than ideal lengths of time. Is there any way we can both charge and use the HDMI cable at the same time? 

7 Replies
Mac-18
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Get a usb-c hub that has both power in and hdmi. I have used one from verbatim with my steam deck to charge it and play on an external monitor with no issues.
Inertia
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Get a USB-C to two USB-A slots so she can both stream and charge at the same time
0 Likes
Inertia
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Maybe one like this

MOGOOD USB C to Dual USB C Female Adapter, 2 Ports, Not for Monitor and Charging, Incredibly Durable, Super Fit, 5V/0.9A Power Output https://a.co/d/cB32iPY
0 Likes
Jasmeralia
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

That one specifically says not for power in, so I don't think it'll work.

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

This hub should work.  Note that 100w Power Delivery means that you can plug in up to a 100w PD charger not that the hub puts that out. 

You will likely be limited to 1440p resolution and will use an hdmi to HDMI cable for the connection. 

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Upgraded-Delivery-Pixelbook-A83460A2/dp/B07ZVKTP53/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2R8P...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Jasmeralia
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

That works like a champ, ty!

bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Glad to help! 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes