JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Extract Text feature Available for S6Lite

(Topic created: 02-17-2023 11:20 AM)
strawberryjam
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I just updated my Samsung galaxy tab s6 lite (2020) to One UI 5.0.  I was looking at all the new features and stuff, but I noticed that a feature I saw on a video wasn't there. Does anyone know if my tablet has the "Extract text" option? I can't find it anywhere.🥺💜

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello There! As features vary by device, I don't see where this is a published specification, so wouldn't be able to tell you for sure. 

However, I can advise you how to use the feature, if you can follow these steps, it should work. However,  if these steps do not work, then the feature just wouldn't be compatible with the S6 lite tab.  

Extract text can be done two ways, through the gallery from a photograph or via the Samsung keyboard application. 

For gallery: 

• Visit the Samsung Gallery app
  • Open any image or screenshot that contains the text.
  • Tap on the image once and you will see a yellow “T” icon at the bottom right of the image.
  • Tap on the icon and select the text you want to copy.
  • Three options will appear:
    1. Copy: Once copied, you can paste it on any messaging app, notes, etc.
    2. Select all: It will select all the text present in the image.
    3. Share: You can directly share the selected text through various applications.

For Keyboard: 

• Open the Samsung Keyboard app on any messaging application.
  • Tap on the three-dot menu to open more options.
  • Tap on the Extract text option.
  • A camera will open, and you can point the camera toward any banner or etc.
  • Copy the text you want and paste it anywhere.

I hope this helps you. If so please give us a Like! Please feel free to reach back out to the community with any additional questions. 

0 Likes
strawberryjam
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you so much 😊💜
Obfuscated
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
On my galaxy a71 the Extract Text option appears when I click in a text box.. the first option that used to appear in this ui was the option to paste whatever was just copied which I used regularly and has been replaced with the Extract Text feature that I don't need and certainly not at the expense of one I was using and liked
strawberryjam
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Oh, thank you, I didn't know it was replaced. I'm glad I don't have it now. Thank you and I'm sorry for your loss 🥺
0 Likes