Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 5G version (SM-X716) uncontrolled radiation emission

(Topic created: 01-22-2024 02:15 AM)
xykapec
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Guys, hello.

I just bought Galaxy Tab S9 5G version (SM-X716).

Everything is fine, but I have a problem with its not controlled radiation emission.

When I put the device to Airplane mode, I expect all wireless communication signals to be shut down, not present at all. I have such good behavior on my old good Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
But with Tab s9 situation is different.

1) When on Airplane mode I  see that very second or so there is a high pulse, like tablet is searching for something. The frequency of pulse is 2.4Ghz, so I guess that this is wi-fi related thing.

2) When I turn Airplane mode (I don't have any SIM card yet, Wifi and Bluetooth are disabled in regular way), I see that after 1 second or so very strong 2.4Ghz emission starts. It comes as a constant signal, not discrete pulses. Frequency is also 2.4Ghz, its Wi-Fi signal. Its not stopped for long time (waited for like 30 minutes to see).

Can you please help me to solve this issues? I want to have zero radiation device when I am on wired ethernet at home.
Its not OK that after disabling Wi-Fi via icon it is still on.

Thanks a lot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xykapec
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Update on the issue.
I called official seller of these devices in Israel (https://www.samsungmobile.co.il/) but they had absolutely nothing to say to help me. They gave me a link to some page to check SAR rating of my device.
Shame.

So I spent long time by myself trying to fix the problem.
And finally sorted them out:

1) Pulses on AirPlane mode disappeared after device was updated to latest software version.

2) High WI Fi based signal that appears when Air Plain Mode is off, is caused by S Pen "Air Actions" feature.
This feature allows using S-Pen as a remote pointer for s9 Tablet.
Once "Air Actions" is disabled in settings the Wi Fi signal disappears.

Be healthy and feel well, guys.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
xykapec
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Update on the issue.
I called official seller of these devices in Israel (https://www.samsungmobile.co.il/) but they had absolutely nothing to say to help me. They gave me a link to some page to check SAR rating of my device.
Shame.

So I spent long time by myself trying to fix the problem.
And finally sorted them out:

1) Pulses on AirPlane mode disappeared after device was updated to latest software version.

2) High WI Fi based signal that appears when Air Plain Mode is off, is caused by S Pen "Air Actions" feature.
This feature allows using S-Pen as a remote pointer for s9 Tablet.
Once "Air Actions" is disabled in settings the Wi Fi signal disappears.

Be healthy and feel well, guys.