Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra problems with Wifi 6

(Topic created: 12-06-2023 05:21 PM)
forestation
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Bought a Galaxy Tab s9 Ultra last week and have had issues with Wifi 6.

The tablet would establish a connection with my Wifi 6 router, but then every few minutes (sometimes even more often) the browser will time out when loading a page and the tablet settings will show "Connected without internet" next to the Wifi connection.

I've tried resetting the tablet's network settings and also powering cycling my router, and the problem has persisted. Other people online have reported the same or similar problems, but I wanted to clarify based on my own experience:

1. The problem is occurring with my Wifi 6 router. (Some have speculated the issue may be related to Wifi 6E.)

2. The problem seems to only occur when the Wifi signal is moderate or weak.  More specifically, the problem occurs when my tablet is in the next room from the router (~30 ft. away), but not when it's in the same room (~10 ft. away).

3. I have a Tab S7+ and the Wifi works normally when connected to the same router.

4. Changing from randomized MAC Address to fixed MAC address didn't help.

5. Changing the Wifi encryption from WPA2/WPA3 to WPA3 or WPA2 didn't help.

Can we get Samsung to officially acknowledge the issue and give an ETA for resolution?

Momonowos
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Did they say what the problem is? Is it fixed?
0 Likes
userRpPUnM8ITj
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm having the exact same issue. My brand new Galaxy tab 9 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi 6. I can't believe no solution has been posted yet

0 Likes
TainoCruz
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I'm disgusted that Samsung does not acknowledge this flaw nor offer a fix. I'm getting rid of this tablet and going back to the solid, reliable ipad!
jazcat
Constellation
Options
Tablets
Same problem here. Moved to a new house and moved from DSL to Spectrum WiFi 6. Phones work fine, tablet drops all the time. Sent it back to Samsung, they couldn't see problem, luckily I had insurance and they reimbursed me what i paid for the tablet. Got a new S9+, problem occurred within the first hour. Arghh.
0 Likes
Momonowos
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Just bought the Samsung Galaxy S9 FE+ 256gb version and I have a 940 mbps mesh internet. Everything in my house connects and is stable whether wired or Wifi but this Tablet is wildly unstable and I've tried everything. I've tried device diagnostic which says it's fine, guest wifi, tablet Mac, prioritizing and finally resetting it but nothing works. Even my old Samsung 21+ phone is stable at 300mbps while this tablet will one minute get 100+ the next minute get 2mbps. The crazy thing is it's at 5GHz and not once dropped down to 2.4GHz and it's STILL acting like this is insane.
0 Likes
Ray_Krebbs1
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I returned three S9 tablets to Samsung. Tech Support has no clue what to do. I think it's a firmware issue. I hope the S10 tablets are fixed when they are released. So far, Samsung has not acknowledged that they have a problem. But the forums are full of issues that people are having with their tablets.

0 Likes
dane2
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I had the same issue with my Tab9S+. I tried all of the above fixes, but nothing works. Samsung told me it could be the antenna. I exchanged my original tablet, hoping they were right, but this one is the same. 20 feet away, and the internet connection is lost.
0 Likes
mango_float
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I'm experiencing this issue with my Tab S9 FE+. My unit has gone though multiple firmware reprogramming from the service center along with its wifi antenna + mainboard replaced. The issue still persists where every other device connected to my wifi works flawlessly but my Tab S9 FE could barely login to microsoft apps and gdocs doesn't even sync properly. In fact, every app that involves syncing data to the cloud is broken. On top of that, wifi is slow. My rough testing shows that wifi5 (not 2.4ghz or 5ghz band) runs real slow while wifi6 runs fine. But I cannot simply tell establishments to beef up their access points to wifi6.

0 Likes
Vexas-Calas
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I had a similar issue and what I did was: go into settings, to go about tablet, click status information, click "Wi-Fi mac address"  click on the name of the WiFi connection you are trying to use, click "view more"  and there should be an option for "MAC address type" I think by default it will be randomized but changing it to tablet MAC fixed my issue.

If you don't get the "MAC address type" as an option try doing this first:

Go to settings, go, to Wi-Fi, click 3 dots and go to intelligent Wi-Fi, click on "intelligent Wi-Fi 6.0.0" (you may have a different number I don't know) until the option for connectivity labs pops up(you need to press it multiple times in a row)

0 Likes
jovanch
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I just bought this tab S9 ultra and I have noticed that while in my house this tablet is not getting wifi speed pass 100 mbs. I have the 1bg plan with xfinity. All my other devices like my s24 ultra gets almost the max speed except this one. I called xfinity and they insisted it's an isolated issue with the tablet since all my other devices gets almost the max. I love this devices but I can't seem to find a solution with this issue. Need help ASAP since I have until Sept 7 to return this tablet
0 Likes