Original topic:

Home screen grid is wonky

(Topic created: 02-26-2024 08:10 PM)
CozyGirl
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
My Galaxy Tab A7 Lite updated recently and ever since it did, I have noticed my app icons are really small. I thought I could fix this issue by simply changing the grid size, but it was already at 5x5. There was a weird symbol, one kind of looking like the home button on a web page but with a pencil on it, on the 5x5 option. I selected another option (6x5) to see if the problem would fix itself but the size of my icons stayed the same. When I went to change it back, the 5x5 option disappeared. I am now left with only the options of 6x5 and 8x5, neither of which are useful. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What happened to the 5x5 grid option? Why was there that symbol next to it? If anyone has any ideas that could solve my issue or just help me understand what is happening, that would be great. Thank you.
2 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Settings>Apps>One UI Home>Storage>Clear data. Mind you, doing this will essentially reset your home screen(s) and general One UI home components.
userWvVqk8ekld
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This may have helped with icon size, but warning may be needed in that "will essentially reset your home screen(s)" doesn't mean just the one home screen but all (in my case about šŸ˜Ž pages.  Now I'm stuck with rebuilding all of those.  I realize I probably should have searched harder for an easier fix to the this bug.

0 Likes