Original topic:

How do I turn off my Samsung tab E without password?

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
emeon
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I forgot my password 
So I need to turn it off so I can hard reset it but I need the pass to turn it off

my idea was to let it die but it's been 2 days and my janky tablet that rarely keeps a charge is KEEPING A CHARGE. How can I fix this? HELP me 
0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Tablets
Hold power +volume down for up to 20 seconds
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
You will still need your password after a reset just so you know though. It's to prevent thieves from just resetting and claiming your device. It will ask for the old password before allowing you to fully set it up. You would need to flash completely new firmware which is highly unadvisable.
0 Likes
emeon
Constellation
Options
Tablets
So I am just out of luck? Man. Thank you for your help anyway
0 Likes
Options
Tablets
I would give it a try anyway, as I don't own that tablet. Maybe the firmware is old enough that the factory reset protection won't intervene. The reality is that yes, you are probably out of luck, HOWEVER, weird things happen sometimes and you may get lucky. You have nothing to lose, so give it a shot I say.
0 Likes
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
Tablets
Press the Side Key (Power Button) to turn on the screen of the tablet. Press and hold the Side Key (Power Button) until the Power Off Menu appears consisting of Power Off, Restart and Emergency Call.
0 Likes
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
Tablets
Are better yet if you know the gmail that's on the tablet you can Use Find My with your Google account to reset your Android tablet remotely and reset the PIN or passcode.
0 Likes
emeon
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I ended up figuring out how to hard reset it. Also I tried that but there was no where to reset my password
0 Likes
jeffreyII
Halo
Options
Tablets
Oh ok have a good night
0 Likes
emeon
Constellation
Options
Tablets
You too!