Original topic:

Lock screen keyboard only shows white circles with no numbers in the circles

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 04:13 PM)
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Please help. My two Samsung Ta

b 6 Lites have the same issue on their lock screens. I have only solid white circles where there should be numbers in them. 

Initially the numbers were fine, eventually they got more faint and just had an outline of the numbers. Last week they totally disappeared on both tablets around the same time. I have to key my pin by guessing where the numbers are. I've tried every setting and nothing fixes it. 

I'm hoping someone has an idea. Samsung tech support was no help after 45 mins on the phone and a bit of the smart tutor app. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Sounds like you somehow changed your keyboard settings 🤔 i need to see a picture of it. Take a screenshot and post if possible . Also a possible quick solution is a master settings reset of the two items circled start with settings of not then accessibility Screenshot_20230808_163805_Settings.jpg

View solution in context

13 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Sounds like you somehow changed your keyboard settings 🤔 i need to see a picture of it. Take a screenshot and post if possible . Also a possible quick solution is a master settings reset of the two items circled start with settings of not then accessibility Screenshot_20230808_163805_Settings.jpg
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
OK. Here is the image L had to take with my cell as it does not allow screenshots. Hope you can help. Thanks lots 20230809_105431_1000173401_1691592872.jpg
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Turn off the "reduce transparency and blur" option and that will fix the white pin buttons on lock screen if you turn on this option the lock screen pin was suppose to have a blur on your background when you're entering your pin and when you turn the "Reduce transparency and blur" on, the system no longer blurs the background and to compensate for the lack of contrast the blur brings, it now makes the pin buttons into White or whatever color that helps to differentiate the pin buttons from your background color.Screenshot_20230809_081510_Chrome.jpg
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I reset two settings recently on a same model tablet with the same problem but I returned it yesterday. l can't risk messing up my best tablets. Will back ups of any kind allow me to restore my settings if those do not work?
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
Samsung Smart switch works great for restoring from another device but if you have this problem and your restore it without fixing your visibility enhancements it will do the same to your other devices so just don't restore settings unless the device your restoring is all good
0 Likes
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
You are a genius & have my respect forever! Accessibility settings reset fixed it perfectly! So far I do not see any repercussions. I looked carefully before this reset & to be honest, I didn't see any settings so far that l had customized. Do you know of anything that perhaps some of us change in accessibility settings? I know I reviewed all my settings in every catagory but don't recall making any changes, especially ones that would cause the gradual changes I experienced on both tab 6 lites which eventually caused it to block all the numbers from sight.

I'm curious if there are important customized settings in this category that we normally change?

Please let me know. Thanks so much!
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
I'm so happy that it helped ☺️ if you would please mark it as a solution I would really appreciate it 😊 as far as those settings not really sometimes if it's hard to see or we just want a specific functionality we add it. And perhaps forget about it then as we get new devices the settings restore and get carried on then maybe the screen changes and over time with software updates it just no longer works out and then something like this happens . There is just so many settings in our devices these days it's so easy to mess up or even do something and forget we did. But there will be no repercussions at all for restoring and resetting. But reach out anytime if a problem occurs I can try to help you
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Thank you ! Is this your occupation or your passionate hobby? You are the best!
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Tablets
I own a Acquisitions company but as a passion I do tech review and have a YouTube channel @JBTechfanatic Etc but yes I buy just about any Tech that comes out and study it review it Etc but yes technology is my passion