Original topic:

Moving files

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Members_D9Z5S7E
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I use my Galaxy tab for school. Up until today I could navigate to my downloads folder from the folder I want to move a file to, select the file in the downloads folder, select move, then hit the back button to return to the folder to which I want to move the file, then select "move here". As of earlier today, when I select the file and select "move" it only gives me the option to move it by navigating all the way through my folders to get to where I want to place the file. Was this due to a recent update? I didn't get any notifications of the app updating before this changed. I can't find anything in settings about it.

Is there some way I can get it back to how it worked before?

Thanks.

3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
That's the way it's always been for me, regardless of what model device. I could never go to the destination folder first. Hitting the back button takes you to the folder list.
0 Likes
cram1999
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Sigh. Yes... navigation has changed... a few days ago. Both on tablet and phone. Don't like it. Doesn't allow to easily select  favourites. Let's hope Files returns to how it was when  oneUI 7 is released. 

0 Likes
LSVA
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Same thing here, as well as working between multiple windows. I turned off auto update on my other devices to stop it from happening on them. This terrible, and a huge step backwards. They need to undo this madness. Change for the sake of change alone is counter productive. Productivity in file management is gone. So sad!
0 Likes